Staying with us could not be easier. For example, where else can you have a fully equipped kitchen ready and waiting for your culinary skills! We’ll even fill the fridge for you on arrival. Check out our ‘Simply Does It’ feature for easy cooking dishes!
A dish mainly celebrated in southern Europe around Italy and Malta this delivers a taste that is not only easy on the pallet but simple to make.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g leftover cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful of spinach
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 25g cheddar, grated
- In a small non-stick frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Add potatoes, then fry until beginning to crisp, about 8 mins. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, spring onions, dill and some seasoning. Heat the grill.
- Tip the eggs into frying pan, mix quickly, lower the heat, then sprinkle over cheese. After about 8 mins, once the top side has almost set, pop under the grill for 2-3 mins or until firm and golden. Slide out of the pan. Eat straight away with mayo or ketchup or cool quickly and chill.
- OPTIONAL EXTRA: Many Maltese like to add cooked spaghetti into the mix before cooking. Add this and spinach for the ultimate tea time filler!